Reflecting on the last year before the New Year Comes is a good metaphor with web strategies. Always looking at what works and what does not work. Get rid of the old and fly with the new!
Your website is where your online business web presence resides — it’s like the headquarters of your company for the entire world to see – in digital format. First impressions mean a lot when meeting someone for the first time and when your customer lands on one of your web pages, it is the first time they are meeting you, so you and your company need to make a GREAT first impression!!!
So to have great first impression it is important to practice good design principles. It is the business owner’s responsibility to make sure the right Webmaster is in place!
Let’s review some business web basic strategies that most company websites aspire to achieve.
1) That the website reaches out to the maximum number of visitors and sells to as many people as possible.
2) That the website has clear navigation. The navigation menu should be very easy to use so that visitors know how to navigate around your website without confusion.
3) Make your site load quickly! Any image on your website MUST be optimized! Slow loading sites make visitors leave.
4) Keep customers on your site. Content on a page should have paragraphs that have a reasonable length. If a paragraph is too long, it will deter visitors from reading your content. This means they do not stay – they go to a more “user friendly” website.
5) Make sure your website is cross-browser compatible. This is a simple step that when not taken will cause your company to lose out on a lot of prospective visitors.